Monday, December 20, 2010

Architecture of the Solstice

In darkness we stumble.
Confusion has no path,
unknowing, no arrival.

Then
a glow
in blackness
a point.

Murky
awareness
twisting
within
murky
awareness
spies a reflection
of its buried spark.

The hearth
of this ignition
is an alignment
of the eye
through
frame
to
distant
blaze.

Due to earth's miraculous tilt
wherever you stand
at the solstice dawn
the glow emerges
due east.

Since the first dawn
the eye
framed this dawn
with stone
with timber

Framed it
with the mind
as if guiding
strands
of heat
into the soul's
dark well.

As if
this elusive moment
could be grasped.

The architecture
of the solstice
is not
in the position
of the stars.
It's in
the alignment
of
the eye.





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful capture of alignment. I think about how often I have asked for things, energy, space, and feel like I've been denied. Only to find out I was simply not in alignment with what I was asking for.

    And the drawing brings it together so perfectly. Pencil, shaded, shadowed ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete